Friday, June 13, 2008

Post surgery update

Well I did it!!!!!!!! It has officially been 1 week since my life changed. I arrived at the Surgery center at 8:30 and filled out paperwork and then they took me back to get ready. In no time at all i had my iv in and my AWESOME doctor was there to make all the markings. Shortly after that they gave me some happy medicine and took my back to the or. I remember being in a daze and then the oxygen mask and that was it. The surgery took about 5 hours and then they took me to recovery. I remember them putting the binder on my and the feeling of not wanting to wake up. I took my sweet time fully waking up and then the slowly helped me sit up. Boy was that painful and hard. Finally I was able to go home. I was still so out of it i just remember Jay taking his time.When we got home that was the interesting part. It took my so long to walk up the walk way and up the stairs. I made it to our room and then the real fun began. I have a step stool next to my bed to get up into my bed with. So Jay's holding my arm and i step up and sit Ont eh edge of my bed and try and swing my legs up on the bed. Oh my heck the pain was horrible i did not know what I was going to. Jay realized that I was using my tummy muscles to try and lean back against my pillows. He put his arm behind me and I just sat back that way and then he put my legs up on the bed. I have to stay propped up with pillows under my legs. So that was all the first. day. Most of the other days I have slept and gotten up and slowly walked around the house until Tuesday when all of a sudden i was in soooooooo much pain. I took one of my percocet and went to bed. The next morning morning I could not walk so jay called my doctor and we went in and we thought that it was one of the many tubes that was bugging me so he took one out. I was fine all the way home until we got out of the car, then there was that horrible pain again. I was so mad and sick of the pain. The next morning we called my awesome doctor again and went in that afternoon. He took out another tube to see if the would help and it has. I still have 2 drainage tubes left and i am getting around much better, I even got out of my house yesterday all day and went to Wal Mart with my mom and and Tamera and let them push me around in a wheel chair the entire time. That was hard to do but we had fun. I have seen my new tummy once and I am amazed. I am so grateful to have been giving this opportunity and for the most amazing surgeon. I look forward to being totally recovered and enjoying my summer.

3 comments:

Brad and Marissa said...

I am glad that you are happy with the surgery and that you are starting to feel better. I am sure that it will be a long process of healing. We hope that your recovery goes well and that you will be up and at 'em in no time. We will hopefully be coming north sometime this summer to show off Brian. We miss all you Westwoods and look forward to seeing you again. Hopefully you will be feeling better by then. We love you! Feel better!

Unknown said...

Why didn't it dawn on me that what they took from you I could use "up North".......man, I lost an opportunity to split the costs with you.......get a 2 4 1 special....anyway, if anyone else is doing this, email me at charlynneedshelp@whocares.com

TiAnn said...

POST SOME PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!