Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fall

Well Fall will officially be here in a few days,where did the summer go? Everyone is in school and so far doing great. Austin loves having two electives and is enjoying his cooking class and his ceramics class. Sean is in choir this year and enjoying it so far. Zachary is still in Orchestra and getting really good at it. He is playing football again this year and loves it even more. Bryan is doing great in 5Th grade. He had been invited to attend a leadership retreat at school on Friday. They give students that are doing good in school and have a good attitude the opportunity to learn leadership skills and how to work together on a team. He is really excited. Bryan is still playing the cello and really enjoying it. Brandon is doing good in school also. He had started playing football through the YMCA and his first game is this Saturday. I love having boys playing sports. They come home so tired that there is not much contention in the house.Jay is doing awesome in school also. He just took another test this past week and passed with flying colors. He now had his MC SA which is a Microsoft certification. Jay and I were released from Cub Scouts a couple of weeks ago. It is bitter sweet. We asked to be released because we are burned out on Cub Scouts and our activity night changed to Tuesday's and that is the night Jay has school. We will miss the boys but are looking forward to a change. I have been busy canning peaches and making applesauce. We are very blessed to live in an area where we can get fresh fruit and can it. I will take pictures of Brandon at Football tonight and post them just as soon as I can.

4 comments:

PITT STOP said...

Hey Michelle and Jay,

Where have you been all our lives? We lost track when of you guys after Grandma Stanger's funeral. I am so glad you guys are doing well. Brad and I read through your blogs. I wanted to mention that I had the same reaction to the tape used after my c-section. the doctor used a liquid application called "Skin Prep" to protect the skin from irritation. It is sold through the home health sections at the store. Brad actually mentioned that when he finished his schooling here in Arizona, that he may look for work in Seattle, what a switch: Extreme HOT to Extreme cold, oh well. Do you have an e-mail account, so we may write through that so I don't take up sooo much space? my address is temptress8019@yahoo.com. We'd love to hear from you guys.

Love ya, Brad and Theresa Pitts

Brad and Marissa said...

Who needs cub scouts when you practically have a whole pack of scouts at home? Whenever I think that I am tired of taking care of two kids I think out you and your five teens and preteens and then I just relax. I totally know what you mean about sports taking the fight out of boys. Our favorite time of year growing up is when PJ had double days in football and he came home and was so nice to all of us. When he had energy he used it to pest us. We are excited to see you next week. Prepare for some cute nephews!

TiAnn said...

Sounds like you guys have lots of fun and stay busy. I was in cub scouts before I they switched me to YW's and I thought cub scouts was fun, but it took a lot of energy! Hope you guys are doing well.

Unknown said...

Your family is so wonder and fun to be with - and we're very, very proud of everyone one of you. How will the scouts do without you....they'll miss you for sure. I've never known anyone so dedicated and awesome in the scout program and the Westwood family. Great job - Love Charlyn