Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Update

I know it has been a long time so here goes the long update.Football season was wonderful!!! Brandon's team lost only 1 game and tied 1 game and won the rest. What a blast he had playing. Zachary's team did better this year. They won a couple of games and gave it their best shot.I survived the High school auction. We put in 9 beautiful baskets and raised a good amount of money. The last thing at the auction was 8 front row tickets to graduation this year. There were two women after them and the bid was $5,000.They the auction ne'er told them there was another set of them and the other woman paid $5,000 also. I was stunned and could not believe that someone would pay that much for high school graduation tickets. This last Friday night was Bryan and Brandon school auction. It was nice and the only crazy thing bought was a cake for $310.00. some people just have money to burn I guess.Last Tuesday night I took Brandon with the young men and young women on their annual ice skating activity. we had so much and I only fell twice. I did not fall the last year at all. We spent Halloween night helping some friends in our ward pack up their house and truck. Then the next day we got up and id Scouting for food and then finished packing their truck and then drove 2 hours west to their new house to help unload. Shortly after we got there,about 20 people that showed up from their new ward and had everything unloaded and were setting up beds. We left and headed home. We were almost home and most of the boys were sleeping and I was trying to stay awake when Jay said oh my heck call 911 now. I looked up right as a car a little ways in front of us hit the center median and flipped. jay pulled the truck over and I called 911. He thought he would see a dead body or someone badly hurt. We are happy to say that the worst injury was a broken leg, but her car was completely gone. We got home safely and have continued with our very busy life.We are looking forward to going to Moscow Idaho this Saturday for the Boise State versus University of Idaho game. This will be my 3rd year going to it and the boys second and Jay's first year. I will give details when we get back. I forgot to mention that Zachary started wrestling in school and was injured on the second practice. A high school student was wrestling him and slammed him on his left shoulder and sprained it badly. He is out the rest of the season and cannot play his violin for a while, but he is slowly healing thank heavens.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

I couldn't see what you wrote? The page just came up orange.

Val Kennedy said...

Where are the pics? I want to see if I still recognize you

Sandra said...

Wow a lot has been going on with you guys. I can't believe someone would pay that much for tickets and a cake. It would be nice to have money to burn :)

Dawson Family said...

You sound busy! Too bad Moscow isn't a little closer to Rexburg you could come say hi! Have fun at the game. I too want to see pics! Amy

Dawson Family said...

Hey I made my blog private to protect my little ones. Email me your email address so I can invite you. dawson4ever@gmail.com Thanks, Amy

Unknown said...

WE WANT PICS, WE WANT PICS, WE NEED PICS...HOW ELSE ARE WE GONA KNOW WHOSE BLOG THIS IS...Love, your beautiful oldest sister...CC

Lena Baron said...

So good to get an update:) Sounds like you're enjoying lots of family time, that's great!!! Keep us posted:)

Sharane Pitts said...

Hi Michelle! I found your blog through Lena's blog. It is so good to read about you and Jay and your boys! Sounds like you are keeping way busy! Glad to you made it home safely, that would be scary to watch a car flip like that!
We miss you all!

Love ya!

-Sharane :)