Thursday, December 11, 2008

SOOOOOOO Busy

Well here we are only a few days away from Christmas and I am not totally ready. This past week has been a very difficult and trying time in our family. About a week ago my father had a stroke in the middle of the night. My mother called me about 1am and said that my dad could not move and that she needed to get him to a hospital. I rushed over there and her and i got him to my car and to the hospital really fast. You may be wondering why I did not call an ambulance. First of all my dad does not like them and second of all I knew that I could get him there faster. After all the tests were done we found out that it was a cor roted artery on the right side of his neck that was blocked and a piece of the plaque broke off and traveled to his brain and that was what caused the stroke. We are very blessed that is was a mild stroke and he is now at a wonderful rehab center for about 10 days and getting his strength back.This past Monday evening Jay,the boys and I went to one of our church buildings where every year they put on this huge display of Nativities and have different musical groups every night perform. Wow what a display. There were hundreds of different nativities from all over the world.Jay has been very busy at work which is good. He had been doing lots of training on some of the basic computer skills that some of the people in the company don't know. The rest of the family is doing great and looking forward to Christmas. Zachary will be 14 on Monday and is looking forward to the dances. Austin will be 17 at the end of the month and looking forward to getting his license this year.We feel so very blessed to know the real reason for Christmas and to be able to celebrate is in a free country. May you all have a fantastic Holiday season.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow 14 and 17...they sure grow fast. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Good to hear that it was a mild one. My dad had one a few months ago and he still hasn't fully recovered. He has problems with his left foot. I hope your Dad can recover quickly, strokes are scary. I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday season. Oh...I still have your TX address can you send an email to let me know your address. Thanks. It's sandraspaz@yahoo.com

Brad and Marissa said...

We are so glad that you live so close to Grandpa and Grandma and that you were able to help out so quickly. They are really blessed to have your family so close! I can't believe that Austin will be 17 and that Zach is 14. That is so crazy! Then again I will be 26 in a few days so that is pretty crazy too. We are looking forward to see you guys on Christmas. We love you and can't wait to see you all! They boys are in desperate need of kisses from their Auntie and John needs a beat-down from his cousins!

Lena Baron said...

WOW! Well, I'm glad your dad is moving toward recovery! That would be a very scary Sounds like you are all busy, yet having fun! I hope this still finds you well! Merry Christmas!!