Tuesday, December 30, 2008

17 Years ago

WOW,where did the time go? Austin is 17 today. What a joy he brings to our family!! Today Jay and I took him out to lunch, and tonight after Young men's and Jay gets home from school we will have his cake. Christmas was wonderful in our house. We let the boys open their gifts from each other and then we gave them their stockings. Inside their stockings was an envelop. In the envelope was a clue. The clue sent them to another clue. They eventually found their gifts and were thoroughly happy. Bryan and Brandon got snowboard and boots and the three older boys got cell phones. We had dinner at my parent's house with my sisters and 3 of my nieces and their families. It had snowed almost every day for the last two weeks. I just keep reminding my self that it is water in the lakes this summer for us to go boating. My mom has a great way of putting it. She says that we live in a snow globe and someone keeps shaking it. I am happy to report that my father is doing great. He is getting stronger every day.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

sounds like a fun Christmas. We have been getting a lot of snow also but you guys I'm sure have been pounded harder than we have. Hope you have a wonderful new year!

Lena Baron said...

Happy Birthday Austin! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm old enough to remember the day you were born. But I remember the week before better:) Karin and I stayed with your parents. Your mom wanted you out so bad, she was ready to try anything! She even drank Castor Oil! That didn't stay in her very long:) Your parents were SOOO Grateful for you!:) I hope you have a happy Birthday!

Lena Baron said...

That was Austin, right Michelle? Or was that Sean? What a bummer that I'm now not sure which one it was... I thought it was your first??? Sorry Austin, if that memory was of Seans birth. Happy Birthday anyway:)

Unknown said...

I remember holding him as a brand new, tiny newborn at my wedding reception, and of course people thought it was so funny to have the bride holding a brand new baby. LOL I still have a picture of that! He was an adorable baby. 17 already -- wow!