Wednesday, January 7, 2009

School and Snow

Wow what a week so far. We got pounded over the weekend again with about a foot of more snow. We shoveled out and cleaned off my parent's roof. Then the rain started and everything started melting. Oh my goodness, what a mess!!! The school started freaking out because so many roof in town were collapsing and they had not gotten their roofs cleared off. So they canceled school Monday and Tuesday to get the roofs and side walks cleared off. The plow came through and pushed the snow way far back to make room for the kids to walk to school and they started 2 hours late today. The parking lots are nothing but ice. It reminds me of my days in Alaska. Yesterday Jay and the boys spent the whole day clearing off 3 1/2 feet of snow off our roof and helping our neighbors with theirs. Boy were they tired today but happy to get back to school. It is just a bummer that they cannot go outside to for recess because there is 5 feet of snow on the playground. Sean has started with the schools robotics team again and is looking forward to going to Seattle this spring for the regional competition. The rest of the boys are enjoying making a little money helping neighbors dig out.

6 comments:

TiAnn said...

Sounds like you guys are having another super crazy winter, so so so much snow! Hope you guys are doing well.

Unknown said...

I volunteer to take Sean to Seattle if you'll pay my way to fly, rent a Mustang, eat out at the best places, get a message, a pedicure, a facial, ......well, he's so cute, I'd just drive him over myself. Austin and I can go out and celebrate his birthday and bring Sean the leftovers. Great job boys and shoveling the roofs and being such great young men, we love you all. Aunt Char Uncle Les

Sandra said...

Wow five feet huh. I heard on the news how people's homes have been collapsing because of the snow. Hope you guys get a little break from getting more.

Sharane said...

That is crazy you've had so much snow! Seems like the weather has been crazy everywhere! I can't believe Austin is 17! How fun!
Time flies!

-Sharane :)

Karin Shannon said...

I have been trying to get a hold of you. Maybe I have the wrong number. Will you email me?? I had a question for you.

Unknown said...

What a mess. I hate it when that happens. Luckily, we haven't had near that much snow!!

Can't wait to see you guys soon. When is the next get-together?

Love ya,
Sheila and Darin