Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Exciting News!!!!!!

I now it has been a while and boy have we been busy!!! We have exciting news to share with everyone. Jay and I have been asked to be a mom and pop on our stake pioneer trek this summer. We are so excited to have this adventure!!! Austin started drivers training two weeks ago and is really doing great!!!! Sean is done building the robot. He put in many long hours and is glad it is done and looks forward to the competition in March. About two weeks ago Sean threw us for a loop. One day he cam home and was talking about a young lady at school. I had a feeling so I asked him and he confirmed it HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND!!!! Oh my heck was I ever shocked!!! Of course I could not react that way so I congratulated him. This is so strange for Jay and I. We are trying to teach him how to handle this relationship but not encourage to much. She is a really nice young lady and things are going well so far. Zachary is done with basketball and is enjoying some down time before baseball begins. Bryan and Brandon are busy with school. They just went back to school yesterday after a two week break. Wow that was a long two weeks. My dad is doing pretty good. He has his days where he is really down and others are good. He does not need his cane anymore and continues to go to rehab twice a week. Jay and I are enjoying Primary. We have 5 children and they keep us busy in class. Well tonight is bitter sweet for me. It is our last Cub Scout Blue and Gold. We have been doing this for so many years that it will seem strange to not be involved next year.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

How fun! Kevin and I wanted to be the parents for a group when our youth went last summer but I was like six/seven months prego. Hopefully we have the opportunity again. Wow a girlfriend huh...good luck, I don't know how I would react either.

Lena Baron said...

HOW FUN! I went on a treck with Bruce and Chris one year. It was a blessing! I'm excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Super fun! You guys get to go on the Trek. You'll be so fun on that Trek! And Sean has a girlfriend! How exciting for him. You guys are so great. We love you!

Karin Shannon said...

Not my Sean!! I can't beleave he is that old. I remember when he was born.

Karin Shannon said...

tell him he can call me anytime he needs to talk. You have definatly done that for me a time or two.

The Nielsen's said...

Wow! that trek will be so much fun! I can't believe sean has a girlfriend. WOW! this is nuts! They are growing too fast. I'm having "growing too fast" anxieties and our little guy isn't even here yet!!! It's freakin' me out. Tell him congrats!! Hey, if you want to get away you could come to Poky and visit! We'd love it!