Saturday, February 7, 2009

healthy peanutbutter cookies

I just wanted to let you all know that I made the most wonderful peanut butter cookies tonight. I used the recipe from the churches cook book called peanut butter Cris crosses. Instead of using shortening I used white bean puree and whole wheat flour. That is the only thing I did different. They are so good my kids ate almost all of them. I have also included the chocolate chip cookie recipe i recently found. I hope you all enjoy theses recipes like I do!!!

1/2 cup cooked white beans

1C. brown sugar

4 eggs

1tsp. vanilla

2 1/4 C. wheat flour

1tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp.baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

2 C. Chocolate Chips

1C.Pecans (or walnuts) Chopped if you want



Beat beans and sugar tog ether. Add eggs,vanilla. In seperate bowl, sift together flour,baking soda and salt. Aar mixture. Add Flour mixture to bean/sugar mixture. Stir until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350. Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes depending on size of cookies. Makes 4 dozen.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I'd make it but Kevin's allegic to beans. He has had some kidney beans and they didn't affect him much so maybe I should try different kinds.

Dynamic duo said...

Hey, hon! I LOVE those cookies. I am such a wimp when it comes to cooking with my wheat. It is old and I haven't learned how to be a good cook, yet so I feel like I'm going to botch it all up. I should just do it!! Thanks for the recipe. I'm excited to try it.

By the way - TAG! You're it. Check out my blog for the rules. ;)